Saturday, April 17, 2010

Carnation Corsage Tutorial (for little hands to make)



Erica emailed us and asked us if we had a kid friendly version of our Paper Rose Corsage. Here is a simple corsage that is quick and easy to do with your kids and still beautiful. I think any mom would love getting these on Mother's Day from their child.



Supplies:
One or two green paper leaves. I wrinkled my leaf up, but that is optional
Ribbon-preferably ribbon with a little wire in it so it is easy to shape and mold
Four sheets of tissue paper 5 inches by 4 1/2 inches (or 5 x 5)
glue or tape
3 Green pipe cleaners 6 inches long


Make your tissue paper carnation. Fold all of your tissue paper like a fan or accordion.




Take one of the pipe cleaners and twist it around the center of your tissue paper.



Very gently separate the sheets of tissue paper. Fluff, puff, and mold it until you are happy with the look.



Next, glue or tape your leaf or leaves to a pipe cleaner.



Now, work on your ribbon. Just loop it a couple of times in a circle and tie in the middle with a pipe cleaner. Fluff and puff your ribbon too.



Layer all the pieces together. Put the leaf in back, then the carnation and then the ribbon. Twist all the pipe cleaner "stems" together to make one nice looking stem. Use a pencil to curl the bottom up to help finish it.




share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
10 Comments

10 Responses to “Carnation Corsage Tutorial (for little hands to make)”

thursday said...

That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing.

My daughter is just four months now, but I am so looking forward to teaching her arts and crafts someday.

Sarah @HarriganHowdy said...

Love this! I may try doing this with our kiddos & giving them to the grandmas. :)

Blessings!
-Sarah

erica e said...

this is great! thanks 'little birdie'! i'm gonna try this out on my 5 year old and see how he does. :)

Victoria said...

Those are precious! I'm definitely going to try these out with my two nieces :)

Divya said...

Great Idea...I want to make some quick flowers. i hope this will work... :)

Diana Martin said...

Such a pretty little flower!! xo

Moxie Lisa said...

I love this idea and it would make a great Mother's Day gift project for my daughter's class at school.

Tami said...

I made a paper corsage for my mom. Thanks so much for the fun idea!

rocknrolla said...

thanks for the sweet idea! i linked to it on Little Rock Mama's She's Crafty-
http://crafty.littlerockmamas.com/index.php/2010/04/27/easy-carnation…or-mothers-day/

Nicola said...

What a lovely idea, I've linked to it ...

http://flowerpotdesign.blogspot.com/2010/05/with-mothers-day-quickly-approaching.html

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs