Monday, October 5, 2009

Live from New York, It's Me!

I LOVE New York! It is one of the greatest cities in the world. Mandy visited New York earlier this year and came home feeling the same way. I promise not to make this post a travelogue about my trip, but I had some really fun craft related pictures that I just could not wait to share. I think most people would agree with me when I say that it is definitely a place where you can get your creative juices flowing and be inspired.

I went with my good friend, Michele, to MARTHA STEWART! We love Martha. I was absolutely giddy when I got my ticket. Here's a picture of me trying play it cool when I really wanted to jump up and down and giggle as we wait to enter the studio.
This is me inside the studio. It was beautiful in there and exactly like you would expect the Martha Stewart TV Studio to look.

The ever lovely Martha Stewart answering questions after the show. She was so warm and charming. She had on gorgeous shoes and was able to run quickly from one part of the studio to the next with grace. I was really quite impressed.

They also introduced the gentleman that is in charge of all of Martha Stewart crafts.--sorry, I can't remember his name. Wow, what I wouldn't give to be his shadow for a day. That has got to be one of the best jobs in the world.

Of course, Michele had to buy me a complete glitter pack on my way out the door because she is such wonderful friend. (Thanks, Michele!) I love glitter and Martha's glitter is fantastic. During the question and answer session after filming Martha talked about some upcoming things that involved glitter. She is really quite proud of their glitter and stated that they are the "Glitter Universe". How can you not buy glitter from the "Glitter Universe"?

I was also able to visit some really fun stores too. I have a new favorite store, M&J Trimmings. Check out what they have.



They have one whole wall of nothing but buttons. Beautiful buttons in every shape, size, design and color.




This is just one of the many walls of ribbon. Wow!

Any other Project Runway fans out there? This was fun to see. I kept waiting for Tim Gunn to come out and tell me to, "Make it work." Alas, no Tim Gunn. It was still fun to see the school.
Here is another example of how one can find inspiration anywhere in New York City. Look at one of the walls in M&M World. The colors of the individual M&M's were so pretty and made me feel like making a colorful M&M colored quilt.
I was also fortunate to visits a few other stores to pick up craft supplies. I have some ideas floating around and can't wait to whip up some things to show you.

Of course, when not on the hunt for crafty related things, I hung out with my best buds Mariah, Merideth, Al, and Matt.


We had to keep it short though, because word got out that a Little Birdie from Little Birdie Secrets was in town. We couldn't keep the papparazzi away! ha!


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
15 Comments

15 Responses to “Live from New York, It's Me!”

Mimi@Life At Mimi's House said...

Oh it looks like you had so much fun! I love NY too. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kenton and Marianne Ogg said...

So I've been following your blog for a while, because, well, I love it! But... I was flipping through the channels the other day and I saw you on the (I think its called) The Today show with Al and Meredith and the gang when they were outside. Cool that you posted pictures about it too!

Laryssa Herbert said...

You look like your having such a wonderful time!

Phares said...

You are just a little star! You'd be a cute one anyway! Can't wait to see the upcoming crafts!

Anina said...

Oh wow! A trip to remember forever!

The Whispering Creek House said...

Wow how exciting for you! Martha is inspiring isn't she? i just made a pumpkin chandlier after seeing one of hers! come by and see!

Beverly said...

OMG....how cool are you? You go girl!
How much stuff did you get from that trim store? I could have gone nuts in there.

sallgood said...

I've only been once, but I loved NY too! My daughter and her husband live there, and we'll have to check out M&J trimmings the next time I visit!

Unknown said...

Want that glitter pack! Oh, and to visit that trimmings shop. That is way cool.

Alena Jo said...

I dream about going to New York someday! I have friends who go about every year as a "girls trip". One year, I'll go with them... if the price is right.

I'm so glad you got to go! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!!

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

That looks like a blast! Did they give anything to the audience?

Cut the Crazy Out of Christmas said...

Makes me want to book a flight right now! Thanks for sharing all the great photos - ohhhh to see all that ribbon. --Debbie Raymond

-Sydney- said...

Project Runway is in LA this season. That's probably why you didn't see Tim Gunn :) What a fun trip!

Laura Elizabeth Pohl said...

Looks like you had a really fantastic time, Stacey! I hope the NY inspiration has carried over into Seattle.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Dude, that's awesome! I would have been a puddle on the floor at Marth's place. You held it together!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs