Tuesday, June 15, 2010

creative glitter storage from ribbon, glitter, and glue


My crafting idol is named Bethany. She is amazing in every way. Even the way she stores her glitter is unique. She has just started a blog, ribbonglitterandglue.blogspot.com, and we're so excited to introduce her to you!

I'm so happy to share with you, all the friends of Little Birdie Secrets, one of my favorite things in my craft room. These vintage salt & pepper shakers make a really pretty AND functional storage solution for one of my most loved supplies...glitter! I can't go into an antiques store or thrift store now without searching for shakers. Like so many other vintage finds, I love the idea that each of these shakers has a story...think of all the dinner conversations they've overheard!


All shapes & sizes - some are simple, everyday-use type & others are intricately cut crystal with beautiful patterns. All together they make a fun display & keep my glitter within easy reach when I need to add a little sparkle to my projects! Hope this inspires you to use the ordinary for a creative storage solution!


Happy crafting...
Bethany

If you're as enamored with Bethany as we are, visit her blog and check out her latest post of card ideas. Here's a sneak peek!


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
25 Comments

25 Responses to “creative glitter storage from ribbon, glitter, and glue”

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

What a clever idea! salt shaker look great with glitter! I am totally inspired!

Uska Hope said...

Muito criativo!

'Joyce' said...

oh how awesome, I love it. Off to the op shops for me now. What a perfect way to store glitter. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely blog.

mermaids said...

i don't use glitter very often, but would love to have that in my sewing room just because it is pretty to look at.

amy said...

OH. My. Goodness. That just makes my heart happy! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't use glitter...but this is a great idea. Very fun. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

WOW that is such a creative way to store and use glitter! Love it! A hunting I will go! SMILE!

Tiffany said...

Too gosh darn cute. I wonder if she has a good way for ribbon too, mine needs a lil luv.

Its_Lily said...

I can't verbalize how cool I think this idea is. I love it when I see really awesome ideas on how to use everyday items. It's also a great idea for the shakers I have of my grandmother's. Thank you!

Shannon said...

That is absolutely adorable! I love all the shakers it gives it a vintage/shabby chic type feel

Teresa aka Tess said...

Oh what a wonderful idea. I love all of the colors together. Thanks for the intro to Bethany. Her cards are so pretty.

Karen said...

As if glitter wasn't mesmerizing enough! What a delightful way to sprinkle shiny & sparkly color into your project! :>

Amy said...

I don't even like glitter, but now I want some just to store in cute containers like that. How clever!

Anonymous said...

That is just the coolest thing I have ever seen - thanks so much for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Great idea!

BlueMoonScrapbooking said...

Now that's the way to store glitter!!!!!

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun.

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous! ANd totally makes me cringe, LOL. My daughters would be into that in a heartbeat and all that glitter would be all over three little girls and the floor :P It would be pretty for a minute, and the cyclone technology in my vacuum would make it look awesome being sucked up too ;)

Perfect Balance Marketing said...

Wow you wouldn't want to accidentally shake one of those on your chips! Although it would brighten up dinner time...

Great fun thanks Bethany. Can you come to my house in England and reorganise my pile of fabric and bottles of buttons? :o) I have no idea how to make them accessible and pretty? Lucy xox

suz said...

I wish I could remember who mentioned this earlier. I've started collecting things for my glitter - its a fantastic idea!

Kayleigh said...

Holy GLITTER! I don't know why anyone would ever need/have that much glitter, but the display sure is adorable!

Amy@ServingPinkLemonade said...

This is such a great idea! How fun.

1CardCreator said...

Awesome idea, it looks gorgeous! ~Diane

BluKatKraft said...

Very cool idea! Thanks : )

Unknown said...

I am blown away by this beautiful craft storage idea!! I am an avid Victorian fan (please see my board called I Love Anything Victorian) and this gorgeous idea is right up my alley! Will start searching immediately for a nice variety of shakers. Thank you SO much for sharing this ingenious idea!! Hugs!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs