Tuesday, May 12, 2009

easy tea party ideas



What girl doesn't love a tea party? Even if you're not a big tea drinker, tea parties are such a fun way to get the girls together. We had a tea party for Stacy's birthday a few months ago, complete with Jessica's Orange-Glazed Blueberry scones and heart-shaped cucumber sandwiches (or PB&J for the kids). You don't need a special occasion, though. We love having tea parties with the little girls, too, serving "pink tea" (pink lemonade or strawberry milk) and cupcakes, just for the fun of it. Have each little girl bring their favorite doll or stuffed animal and wear her favorite dress ups! Here are a couple of other easy tea party ideas.



Make a tea party tablecloth! I found three yards of this In the Beginning fabric at a garage sale for $3. I fell in love with it and had to have it. I turned it into a little tea party tablecloth for my little one. This was the easiest thing ever to make. All I had to do was sew a hem on all four sides and viola! Tea party tablecloths don’t have to be elaborate or hard to make. You could even take a plain white sheet and embellish it with ric rac or pom poms.


A tea-themed invitation is fun to make, too. We used an herbal tea bag for this simple pull-out invitation. First we sealed an envelope, then cut off about 1/8" off the top. Then we made a card to fit inside with the party details. To make it a pull-out card, just staple a "you're invited" tag on the end of the string, adhere the tea bag it to the card, and insert it into your embellished envelope.


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
7 Comments

7 Responses to “easy tea party ideas”

Beansieleigh said...

I ADORE this post! I have very fond memories of my great grandmother and me, and tea parties. She was so good to me, whenever I saw her! However, I love all the extras you've suggested here, that, God willing, I would LOVE to do for my own granddaughters and even great granddaughters someday!! (0;

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, now I want to do a tea party!
Thanks for the great ideas!!

Kathleen W. said...

That is absolutely, perfectly adorable! I wish I had a little girl to have a tea party with :(. Maybe my son will indulge me one day.

The tablecloth is lovely, and the invitations are quite clever. Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

That really is an adorable idea! Thanks!

Rebekah said...

My 2 1/2 year old daughter is somewhat obsessed with "tea parties." She demands that I have tea with her in her room about 5 times a day- though she usually forgets to serve the tea and offers me plastic chicken legs and wooden cookies instead. It is fun to see her developing her hostessing skills so early, though! :)

ANS said...

Very cute! I was just telling my cousin I wanted to do one of these..but I have to wait until my daughter is a little older. It will be great fun! Cute ideas.

Jennifer said...

Boys like tea parties too. We skip the fru-fru, and focus on enjoying each others company. We put on classical music, and read art books like the I Spy: An Alphabet in art, Shapes in Art, Colors in Art, etc. When time allows, we do an art project too, usually from Discovering Great Artists.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs