Thursday, April 9, 2009

"tie-dyed" easter eggs


Our friend Deborah recommended this great Easter egg dying technique from Martha Stewart. These "tie-dyed" eggs get their unique patterns from silk ties. They're easy enough for kids to help with, too. Check out Martha's instructions or video for this simple technique. If your husband won't let you rummage through his silk tie collection, try thrift stores. We found these for about $1.50 a piece. The great thing is that you can reuse a tie multiple times!


We only have one tip for you: when wrapping the egg tightly in the tie, don't wrap too tightly! I put my thumb right through one egg!

Happy Easter!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
8 Comments

8 Responses to “"tie-dyed" easter eggs”

Erica said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Love the eggs! Happy Easter.

Xazmin said...

What a cool idea...I'd love to try it!

Xazmin

Gina said...

Funny that this came from Martha; I read a similar tutorial about this time last year :-) Maybe it's time to try it myself........

That Crazy Ajumma said...

My mouth just dropped open at the whole thought of this!
This is about the coolest way yet I've seen to dye an egg.
Thanks for sharing!

jlc said...

Omg these all look amazingggggg~~!

Cute blog!

Anonymous said...

I just tried making these last night....only one tie produced a really good, vibrant color....the others were very pale. Do you have any tips? I want to try again!

-Sydney- said...

What a fun idea!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs