We loved this tutorial from our amazing friend Melynie who is an interior designer. I asked her if we could pirate this post from her blog since it is her family blog (as nice as I know all of our readers are, I didn't want her feel like her privacy was being invaded). You'll just have to take our word for it--she is darling! And this tutorial on how to hang a collage of framed pictures is so handy. Thanks, Melynie!
How to Hang a Picture Collage
1. Gather all the pictures you want in the collage. It looks best to have some common denominator (all black and white, all color, same color frames, etc.).
2. Trace each picture onto paper (paper grocery bags work well for most sizes) and cut them out. Write on the front of the paper what the picture is (i.e.: ballet Girlie).
3. Then, lay the picture face down, and paper face down on top of it. Use your fingers to feel where the hanging hardware is, and use a nail to puncture the paper. (You're trying to put a hole in the paper exactly where you want the nail to go).
4. Tape the "paper pictures" to the wall in the arrangement you want. Try to maintain an even space around the pictures. If you're hanging a single picture, or gallery style in a line, remember not to hang them too high. The center should be approximately eye level, roughly 5 feet (it also depends on how high your wall is). Remember not to put tape over the "nail holes".
5. Get the arrangement exactly the way you want it. If you are having trouble, leave the paper on the wall and look at it the next day. Then, nail the paper to the wall using the holes in the paper as your guide.
6. Leaving the nails in the wall, remove the paper and hang the real pictures. Yay! You're done!
share this on »