This is one hilarious project. I love these dish gloves! For the lady that wants to stay fashionable at all times, even while cleaning. Think hostess gifts! Maybe pair them with a matching apron. . .
Not Your Mama's Rubber Gloves Tutorial
What you'll need:
Household rubber gloves (Walmart has white ones, Target has blue--check dollar stores, too)
Oil Cloth (¼ yd. cut is enough)
Ribbon or trim
Hot glue gun
Okay, let's get started!
1. Put the gloves on and measure around the end (largest part of the glove that is on your arm). You want your finished, pleated oilcloth to be ½ an inch larger than this measurement. My gloves were 10 inches around so I wanted my pleated oilcloth to be 10 ½ inches long.
2. Cut your oilcloth. I cut my oil cloth to be 4 inches wide and approximately 37 inches long. Pleat the oilcloth by making small folds (about 1/4" to 1/2" long) and sewing over the fold across entire piece.
3. Take the short edges of the oil cloth, put them right sides together, and sew them using a ¼" seam. You should now have a ring of pleated oilcloth.
4. Slide the glove onto your sewing machine. Place the oilcloth wrong-side out on the machine over the glove, leaving a 1/2" of glove at the top, and stitch together.
5. This step is optional, but very cute. Use pinking shears to cut the unsewn, bottom edge of the oilcloth.
6. Hot glue coordinating ribbon around the glove, leaving two long tails on the top of the glove (if you want a bow). Tie the tails in a bow. Tip: It's easier to tie the bow if you can have someone else wear the gloves while you do it.
7. Go do those dishes like the hot mama that you are!
share this on »