If you haven't guessed what these are used for yet, you probably haven't had the privilege of changing a baby boy's diaper. This cone-shaped cloth product gives you a fighting chance to stay dry in the event of a little unexpected shower. Just put it over his little wee-wee as soon as you open his diaper and it goes to work. It's a must-have accessory for baby boys, and a set of four or five of them would be great as part of a baby shower gift. This cowboy-themed teepee is especially hilarious because the fabric has the words "giddy up" printed on it! (Yeah, we think we're pretty funny.)
Diaper Change Cone Tutorial
What you'll need:
*Sewing machine and coordinating thread
1. First, make a template out of paper and cut out two half circles of your flannel (or cut one big circle and then cut it in half). You could try tracing the bottom of a bowl or plate. Mine was 7 inches in diameter (7 inches across the straight part for you geometry-haters).
2. Sew the two halves right sides together, starting halfway down the straight side. Sew around the arc and then stop.
3. Turn inside out and iron flat, being sure to tuck in the unsewn opening.
4. Fold in half and sew down the straight side.
5. Turn inside out. Place on baby boy's wee-wee to prevent pee-pee sprinkler!
share this on »