Wednesday, August 20, 2008

crayon rolls

We found an adorable crayon roll tutorial from Skip to My Lou for today's back-to-school project. Love the ric rac she used! This project is so simple and can be made with scraps you already have piling up somewhere, or from a piece of sturdy wool felt. Stacy got busy and made one up for Jessica's boys to take to church. With all the crayons and colored pencils on sale right now, it's the perfect time to make a few of these and fill them up for easy gifts!


Nested has a similar tutorial for crayon rolls. And check out the cool colored pencil roll by oh fransson where each color has it's own spot via matching fabric. Now that's a project for those of you with serious scrap collections!

If you want to include a pad of paper with your crayons or pencils, try this artist's organizer tutorial from marthastewart.com. (There's a video for all of you "visual learners" out there.)


Greetingarts featured a darling version from this pattern as well. (Thanks for sharing your pictures!) I think I'll try a Velcro closure on this one for my little guys who can't tie a bow yet. So many great ideas for your little artists!

Photo courtesy of greetingarts.typepad.com

Photo courtesy of greetingarts.typepad.com

Don't forget to enter this week's Back-to-School giveaway to win something from every post this week! Just link us to your own blog or Web site and leave us a comment on any of our
Back-to-School posts with your blog address! Good luck!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
8 Comments

8 Responses to “crayon rolls”

Lisita said...

Another fun back to school idea - I love it!

Lisita said...

Another fun back to school idea - I love it!

Somer said...

I love this crayon roll tutorial. I made one for a birthday gift and my daughter was so proud. I haven't seen the artist's organizer, great idea. You keep coming through for us.

Michelle said...

that looks fun! I bet my son would love taking the crayons in and out as much as he loves coloring!

Miranda said...

I'm totally going to make a few of the crayon rolls for gifts for neices and nephews. I'm not that great at sewing, but thankfully these are all strait lines. :) Thanks for sharing the idea.

Rhea said...

Oh, very cute artist rolls! My kids would love the one with the pads of paper because we always getting stuck places waiting and they like to draw. They usually have to make do with my blank notebook and some colored pens I Have.

Thanks for visiting me on my SITS day Monday!

Eternal Sunshine said...

I'm completely obsessed with crayon rolls...

I've been trying to psyche myself into trying this tutorial for a few weeks now.

And I LOVE the Martha Stewart folio, too. I have a few extra composition notebooks that would be perfect in some sort of a cover...

Mandi said...

This is great, I've been wanting to make these for my sons - they'll love em! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs