Wednesday, August 13, 2008

bleu cheese burgers -- holy cow!


Can you believe BBQ season is almost over? Grilling in the backyard is one of my favorite parts of summer. Too bad I single-handedly destroyed our grill this year. :( I'll just have to invite myself over to Jess's house to get in another one of these tasty burgers. This blue cheese burger is like, totally summer, dude. Juicy, cheesy, and fat-ty, just like a burger should be. Also, try this recipe for easy homemade hamburger buns. They're quick enough to save you a trip to the grocery store.

Bleu (Blue) Cheese Burgers

Mix 1 lb. ground beef with 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper

Make 8 thin patties. Sandwich 1/4 of the following mixture between two patties:

2.5 oz. bleu cheese
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. onion powder
dried or chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. Dijon mustard (optional)

Grill about 10 minutes, turning once, or until desired doneness. Add your favorite toppings (we like lettuce and red onion) and condiments. Makes 4 hearty burgers. Though not heart-healthy. Sorry.


Easy Hamburger Buns

2 cups milk
1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup white sugar
2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
2 teaspoons salt
6 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed

  1. Heat the milk, water, and margarine to 110-115°. In a large bowl, stir together the warm liquids, sugar and yeast. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
  2. Mix in the salt, and gradually stir in the flour until you have a soft dough. Divide into 8 pieces, and form into balls. Flatten to resemble buns. Place on baking sheets so they are 2 to 3 inches apart. Let rise for 20 minutes.
  3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake the rolls for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly, then split them in half horizontally to fill with your favorite burgers.
Mmm, this post is making me hungry. We'll have to post some more yummy summer recipes for all your end-of-summer BBQ plans. Jessica, fire up the grill--I'm coming over.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
4 Comments

4 Responses to “bleu cheese burgers -- holy cow!”

ms.clark said...

Yum! I think I will have to go out and try these. Thanks for sharing the bun recipe too. I've been itching to make it ever since you told me about them. Hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours looks.

Jessica said...

The grill is fired up...where are you guys?! :)

Anonymous said...

my mouth is watering! They look great!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Wow! I made these last night and they are fabulous! My husband and I loved them. I am going to make them for some of my other family that love blue cheese. THANKS for the recipe.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs