Wednesday, August 21, 2013

winnie the pooh character party hats {and some movie treats}


This post is written as part of a sponsored campaign with Disney and The Blueprint Social. All opinions are 100% my own.

Winnie The Pooh. Winnie the Pooh. I can't hear those words without singing the little song in my head! Did you know The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is being released on Blu-ray Combo Pack and HD Digital August 27th? In honor of the release, my kids and I had a Winnie the Pooh viewing party for a fun Summer activity!

I wanted my boys to get into the adventure and imagination of the movie, so we made some Winnie the Pooh character hats to have a fun craft and to wear them while watching the movie.


I found this pack of party hats and the dollar store and brought them home to make into fun characters. All you need is some card stock or construction paper (colors of pink, black, darker pink, a golden color and orange), tape and if you want you can either make your own drawings of the characters or you can find some free templates online.




I decided to cover my party hats in card stock first but if you wanted to draw out the characters before the paper is in a cone shape that is fine too.

 
You want to line up the card stock and then wrap it completely around the hat. Once you have it taped and completely covered then you can cut off any excess paper.


Then you need to embellish each hat to make a character! I looked at photos online to get an idea of what each character's features needed to look like. This is a time to let your kids get creative and have fun!


They were so thrilled with their finished Winnie the Pooh party hats!


Just to add to the fun we made some party treats! I made some honey beehive cupcakes...


We also made some 100 acre wood trail mix to snack on while we were on our adventure!
I mixed some trail mix with honey flavored Teddy Grahams to fit the theme.




Create your own viewing party and experience the friendships, imagination and adventure of the Hundred Acre Woods when all of your favorite characters come alive in this timeless motion picture The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh available on Blu-ray Combo Pack and HD Digital August 27th! Also be sure to check out the Winnie the Pooh Facebook page for more information.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
2 Comments

2 Responses to “winnie the pooh character party hats {and some movie treats}”

Cassie said...

These are great. I am thinking a Pooh Themed birthday party is in the works for my daughter!

Elizabeth - SugarHero.com said...

What a great idea! Love the fun hats and party treats. :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs