Tuesday, December 13, 2011

holiday dessert with friends

Thanks to Duncan Hines for sponsoring my writing. There's no limit to the baking possibilities, so grab your favorite Duncan Hines mix and Comstock or Wilderness fruit fillings and Bake On! www.duncanhines.com.



I love this time of year (have I mentioned that a dozen times yet?) and one of the great things is all the baking! I love baking and with how cold it has been lately, it has been a fun treat to keeping my house toasty. Maybe not such a fun treat for my hips though. That's why I usually share with my friends. I love to bake all year, but for me, the heaviest part of my baking starts with Thanksgiving. I always enjoy making a bunch of pies. After Thanksgiving, cookie and cakes start popping out of my oven. Luckily, I share many friends who also love to bake (and consume) so I invite them over to bake with me so I have someone to laugh and talk with.


Why am I so hungry all of a sudden? Dessert is always better when shared with friends. We love to have friends over for dessert all year long, but it's especially fun around the holidays. There's something about the joy of the season that just adds to the warmness and delight of sharing dessert with friends. For Christmas Eve this year we are going to a gathering at a friends house to enjoy some delicious food, friendship and dessert. My friend has promised homemade cream puffs. What? Yum! Hopefully she will give me some instructions so I can make them myself (and share them with you!). I am enjoying every baking moment this holiday season and relishing every chance I get to celebrate and enjoy dessert with friends. Tis the season to eat! Or be jolly. Or be jolly because you are eating delicious dessert with those you love. What do you love baking around the holidays? Any fun festivities that you plan on bringing and sharing some of your desserts?


Remember to check out Duncan Hines' website www.duncanhines.com to find some great recipes for your holiday get-together! I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
1 Comment

One Response to “holiday dessert with friends”

505whimsygirl said...

Those cookies look so yummy! So, is Duncan Hines a man?!? ;-)

Happy Holidays.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs