Friday, March 25, 2011

scalloped lid treat boxes {the new thank you card}


I'm calling these the new 'thank you' card because I really wanted to make them for my friends who spoiled me on my birthday. A little extra love for their sweetness! And I LOVE this box pattern! If you have a Silhouette machine, you can find it in the online store in Lori Whitlock's designs (LOVE all her stuff). It's this box: adorable_box_4_C00383_20509 2/02/2010. I printed some of the paper using digital paper from Cosmo Cricket and Creativity by Crystal, two of my favorite designers. Crystal's having a sale through the end of March on her darling papers--check out her blog for the info!


Silhouette tip: I resized the the pattern until the bottom part of the box almost completely filled the cutting area. Next I released the compound path. Then I selected the box top and grouped those pieces back together and moved it off the cutting area. This is an important step in resizing. If you resize the top and bottom of the box separately, the top will not fit the bottom when it's done!






Look how pretty this flower looks on top! The recipient of this box gave me a gorgeous bouquet of these flowers to use as embellishments. Isn't that a fabulous idea? And so appreciated! So she got one back. :)



Here is her other gift to me, wrapped up with one of the flowers on top.


Back to the boxes. I added a tag and some ribbon,




and filled the boxes with cookies. Yum!


Thank you, you darling girls, for the best birthday ever!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
16 Comments

16 Responses to “scalloped lid treat boxes {the new thank you card}”

kissinia said...

God, they are all so beautiful. Love each one! Thanks you for sharing!

Nevelyn said...

I love these!
They would make the most perfect thank you box/card/miscelanious. I can't imagine anyone not loving such cute boxes, and the filling just makes it even more perfect.

tinajo said...

They look wonderful, I wish I had a machine like that! :-)

Kelsee said...

It's so funny that you posted this box and about Lori Whitlock! I am doing my daughter's birthday party and realized a few days ago that the invitations, banner, decorations and the favor boxes are all her designs! Guess that's why they all work so well together! Love the ribbon and the flowers on them, I am going to steal this idea! Thanks!

Amanda said...

I love these! Just to cute, would be perfect for giving out after a birthday party! Thanks for sharing.

Rachel said...

You are just so talented! These boxes look really great. I'm sure your friends will be very excited to receive their little gifts - so thoutful! Rachel x

Country Mouse said...

These are so pretty! And yummy cookies too! I need a Silhouette so I can pretty things too! :)

Sudha said...

Wow, pretty creations.

sewfunquilts said...

Those boxes are adorable...such patience you have.

Monica said...

Holy cuteness batgirl!! Love crafting with paper. Any chances of getting a template for this? Like to cut them by hand.
Thanks! Monica

Patty Jensen said...

Wow........this is just beautiful. I just got my Silhoutte machine and would love to try this box. However, I am lost. What do you mean by "released the compound path"? Is there someplace at the Silhoutte site that will explain this? Thanks.

pattyj4087@yahoo.com

Mandy Coffey said...

this is adorable! please come link it up at my friday link party (and any other creations you have!) www.smallfineprint.com

Raejean said...

I need to spend some time figuring out my Silhouette too. This project is the kind of motivation I need! I shared your link on my Friday Favorites.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

I'm gonna have to figure out how to make these the old fashioned way....by hand! I wish I had a silhouette!!

Kiki Fangupo said...

so super cute!!! thanks for sharing!

From G2B said...

Is there a way to make one without a machine? You know the old fashioned way with your hands and scissors or something? Just wondering as it's such a fantastic idea and buying boxes like that always cost a couple bucks.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs