Tuesday, March 8, 2011

make a shower curtain out of a bed sheet {tutorial}

In the process of getting our home ready to sell, my real estate agent told me all I needed to do to the master bath was get a new shower curtain. Really, that's all? No new tile? Sold! But I am cheap, and cute shower curtains are expensive. The one we had was plain white. Boring, but functional. But then my crafty mother-in-law suggested I make one out of a bed sheet. She is a genius! One cute flat sheet is way cheaper than a cute shower curtain. Even cheaper? Using one you already have!

Remember this bed spread from my "before" simple master bedroom makeover? I still have it. And it matches my bathroom perfectly. . .


So here's the "before" of my boring bathroom:


And the "after", made simple by a new shower curtain and some new towels.


To see my full tutorial on how to make a shower curtain out of a bed sheet, check out my post over at Make and Takes today! You won't believe how easy it is!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
10 Comments

10 Responses to “make a shower curtain out of a bed sheet {tutorial}”

beetree said...

So cute! Amazing at how just a little change like that really makes a difference. :)

Debbie said...

great idea!
I need one for my shower stall too :)

M.Gunn said...

What a great idea! I've actually taken shower curtains and used as window treatments : )

Unknown said...

Brilliant! On my Pinterest board!!

Ashley said...

you are kidding. you creative minds make me smile! this is awesommmme!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea!

Deborah said...

I thought it looked OK in white, I'd still buy a house with a white shower curtain! It does look good after the make over though :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Christine said...

Too Cute! Now....where did I put that sewing machine.....

Sue said...

You don't need to move now, that bathroom is gorgeous!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs