Thursday, October 15, 2009

mini satin flower clips


Isn't it true that when you make something small, it automatically becomes cute? Remember our organza and satin flower post? Well, we wanted to follow up with a mini version. They were beautiful to begin with, but now they are irresistible. I'm thinking these would be the perfect accessory for a little girl's Christmas dress! I could also see the little flower on the front of a handmade card. . .

Check out the super-sized tutorial for all the details, but basically we cut small satin circles and singed the edges. You may want to try holding the smaller circles with a pair of tweezers to avoid burning yourself. We sewed it all together and added a bead or two. Then we attached it to a grosgrain covered clip for a stylish child's hair clip. I actually loved the red one so much that I clipped it to my black scarf and wore it that way. It seemed a little babyish in my hair, but it was quite chic on my scarf!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
16 Comments

16 Responses to “mini satin flower clips”

marie said...

These are very sweet. I think my granddaughters need a bunch of them!! Great gift idea!

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

So cute! I've recently made little girls bow and still need to post about it, but I'm loving all sorts of ideas!

WonderKitty said...

A friend of mine gave me a similar flower, full-size for my scarves while I am going through chemo. I love the burnt edges!

Anne said...

soooo cute! I am gonna make some for my baby girl for xmas!

Beverly said...

Look how cute! My hair is short and these would even look good in my hair.

Grace @ One Craft Girl's Corner said...

I love these! The edges are beautiful.

girl meets carpenter said...

Those are DARLING! Thanks for sharing! This is an amazing blog :)

Clements Family said...

Love the little version! So cute!

Sarah said...

Haha, YES...little things are always cute...in college a few friends and I made up a phrase "if it's small, it must be cute." Well, it was the guys mostly making fun of the girls!

THANKS, these are darling!

Valerie said...

I love these! They are so sweet!
I filed you away (again!) at thecraftersfilebox.blogspot.com.

Thanks for sharing!

Duck said...

So completely adorable! I cannot wait to make these this weekend. I have been spending a lot of time making flowers lately, and these are my new favorites! Thanks! ☻

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Dainty and Lovely! I featured these on somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

These are adorable. I can't wait to whip some up.

The Whispering Creek House said...

I just did a post on your little hair clips which i love love love! thanks!

Tif said...

I've made the full size ones. Can't wait to try some tiny ones! These are darling.

Story of an Irish Mum said...

I love these little hair clips for babies
Very sweet and ideal as a pretty Christmas gift for any little baby girl. Thanks.x

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs