Friday, September 25, 2009

caramelized beef skewers

We have been trying to get our fill of grilling at my house. Although we continue grilling throughout the year, it definitely slows down a lot after summer. I love the flavor of grilled food, but mostly I am a big fan of the fact that my husband loves grilling. All I have to do is get the food prepared and he will cook it! A nice break for me. I tried a new recipe this week that I found hiding in my stash. I don't know where I got it from, and I am even more boggled as to why I have never made it before. These were delicious and a big hit with my boys. They thought it was very cool to pull the meat off the "sticks".

Caramelized Beef Skewers
1 lb beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
1/4 c. A1 Original Steak Sauce, divided
1/4 c. original BBQ sauce
1 tsp. dijon mustard

Toss steak with 2 T. of A1. Let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining 2 T. A1, BBQ sauce, and mustard. Set aside. You can reserve some of this sauce in a separate dish if you wish to have some for dipping after they are cooked. Preheat grill to medium-high. Thread steak onto 8 skewers. Grill 6 minutes, turning after 3 minutes and brushing with sauce.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
3 Comments

3 Responses to “caramelized beef skewers”

Grace @ One Craft Girl's Corner said...

I love to grill! Or should I say I love it when my husband grills... no cooking for me!

Alena Jo said...

Yum! That sounds great... and easy! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Yen Graney said...

This is a must try! Quick and easy, that's what I like! I'm always looking for a new recipe. Thanks for it!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs