Tuesday, June 9, 2009

plaid's texture paint - frosting for a paper cupcake



We are big Mod Podge fans and recently stumbled on their Web site. Mod Podge is made by a company called Plaid, and they make tons of other cool craft stuff, from acrylic paint to chalkboard paint to cork stamps. We saw this texture paint there and had to try it.



I love cupcakes and thought this stuff would make the perfect frosting for my little one's birthday party invitation. I started with a chipboard cupcake shape. I applied the paper for the cupcake wrapper with the Sparkle Mod Podge (such fun stuff!). I wanted it to be all sparkly and it was nice to have the glitter already in the Mod Podge.



I used a butter knife to paint the white texture paint on to get an “icing” look. I then stuck on some beads to look like sprinkles. Voila! Instant texture and dimension to my paper "cupcake."



The texture paint line comes in a few colors including a sparkle white, which would also be awesome as "frosting." Love this stuff!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
12 Comments

12 Responses to “plaid's texture paint - frosting for a paper cupcake”

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

That is so cute!!!

Laryssa Herbert said...

What a fun product! Thanks for letting us know about it. :-)

TurtleMommy said...

that is SO cool!

Kenton and Marianne Ogg said...

What a great idea! That would be great "snow" on Christmas/Winter items. Yay for fun products!

Monica said...

That is so stinkin cute! I have a party to plan, but I'm not very creative. :(

-Sydney- said...

Looks good enough to eat!

Alissa said...

So cute! I love that textured paint. And I love cupcakes even more. I'm gonna have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

What a great idea!! Thanks for sharing about their products.

Unknown said...

That looks like tons of fun. I am also a big Mod Podge fan. I love covering items that would normally be thrown away.

Atticelf said...

Never heard of it. Cool stuff!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is wonderful! I love the texture. All your posts are incredible. I'm SO happy I found this blog! Thanks for sharing so many gorgeous ideas, :O)

Kath' said...

This is adorable. I have to use this for my granddaughters invatations too. So are you saying the back of this is chipboard ? How thick is that ? And you cut the chipboard the same shape as a cupcake ? I wish I could see the back of it. I guess I NEED a dumby book for this project. lol If you have a picture I'd love for you to send it to me at dublshot@comcast.net Thanks a million Kath' come join me twice a month for blog contest for fun prizes at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.com

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs