Hat Clip Tutorial
What you'll need:
*Ribbon (or a strap made from fabric)
*Clip—I just pulled the clip part off of a name badge. The name badge was the type that they hand out at conferences and fairs. My husband goes to quite a few of these so we had a few floating around. If you don’t have access to one of these badges, you can use mitten clips found at your local craft store.
1. Cut your ribbon to about 12 inches. The actual length of the ribbon between the hat and collar should be around 7 ½ to 8 inches.
2. Install your snaps. The back of the snap box had some clear instructions. Make sure you make your loop big enough to fit around the adjustable part of the hat.
3. Thread the ribbon through the hole of the name badge clip. Sew it down.
4. Use Fray Check on all exposed ribbon edges and your done.
5. If your husband wears fitted hats that don’t have an adjustable part, you can skip the snap part and sew mitten clips to both ends of the ribbon.
6. Snap the end piece around the opening in the hat, and clip the other side to your shirt collar. That hat isn't going anywhere!
share this on »