Tuesday, February 17, 2009

restyled sweater projects

It's still sweater-weather, but I'm getting itchy for spring cleaning already. If you've got a sweater or two in your closet that are on their way out, check out how I breathed new life into an old sweater. I just followed two great tutorials and got two new, restyled items!

This is the sweater bag. Check out the super-simple tutorial from Perched on a Whim. I embellished the bag with a posie from this Fig Tree & Co. pattern. There are lots of sweater-bag patterns out there. Check out this one, this one, and this one for a few different takes on this fun project.

After cutting off the arms, I used this tutorial from Scarlette and Cinnamon to make a pair of baby socks. How sweet are these?
We love finding ways to reuse items we already own. But if you don't have any sweaters you're willing to part with, check out your local thrift store for some cheap finds. You can make a bag that totally fits your style!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
13 Comments

13 Responses to “restyled sweater projects”

Laura said...

I LOVE restyled sweaters. I even go looking for old sweaters at thrift stores. Great post and beautiful projects!

Southern Gal said...

This is great! I have a couple I need to recycle, restyle. And I just love the baby socks...

Stacey said...

I "hear" that sock idea! Who would have thought!

Crystal said...

Yippee! Now I know what to do with the body of the sweater that's left over when I make wool longies for my baby. Thank you.

LissyLou said...

I love this!! The socks are so pretty. x

Gloria P. said...

Excellent idea....I absolute love the socks....I have a few sweater that have lost their shape; thanks for the creative idea.

I just love your blog.

Leah said...

LOVE your creativity! Wish I had the time and talent to be sooo crafty! :)

Sharlene said...

I love felting sweaters and reusing them. Or I should say I love the concept because I have an ever growing pile of felted sweaters waiting to be put to use. I need about 6 more hours in the day....

Small House said...

I saw something like this in Country Living Magazine and I thought they were just neat. Yours is much - much cuter than the magazines!!
Have a great day.
Sandra

shindylahoe said...

awesome! I have been trying to think of something to do with those sweaters piled up in the back room.
The only thing is that the posie link appears to be broken? could you re-link for me?
thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great idea. I'll have to try the bag. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the new ideas for felted sweaters. I am using them to make stuffed animals for a women's shelter. The socks are a great idea to add along with mittens and scarves. I am going to try to hit a thrift store this morning for more sweaters. Thanks again.

Resweater said...

Great ideas! If you need any more felted sweater projects, just come check out my blog! I post a tutorial every Tuesday... Tutorial Tuesday.

www.resweater.blogspot.com

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs