Monday, December 8, 2008

little birdies everywhere--fun bird ornaments

The Three Birdies went bird watching this weekend to bring you a bird ornament roundup. You know, so you can complete your totally cute, handmade ornament collection with all that free time you have before Christmas. And because we really, really love birds. Really.

We loved this little birdie pattern since we found this last summer. Originally made for a cool mobile, they're making their debut on our site as Christmas tree ornaments! Check out Spool Sewing for this and other great free patterns.



Tricia Rennea Art and Illustrations is offering a free pattern for another stuffed bird ornament. You could even string them together for little birdie garland! Check out the Maddie Bird Pattern, and don't forget to post a pic in our Flickr pool if you end up making these!

Lil' Fish Studios made these darling felted bird ornaments, but they may have been from last Christmas, because I don't see them in her Etsy shop. Darn! You might just have to make your own. But check out here blog--she makes amazing stuff. Think little felted acorns. Adorable!

Sunshine's Creations has a tutorial for fun Christmas and winter embroidered felt ornaments. We love these!

And Martha revives that old childhood tradition--the cinnamon applesauce ornament. They smell delicious, but don't be tempted--they're not edible! We love the "upgrade" she gave them by using colorful glitter and beads. Way cuter than the ones I made in preschool.

Whether your tree is decorated or not, there's still time to make a few little birdies to hang around for the holidays!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “little birdies everywhere--fun bird ornaments”

phillips phamily said...

One place I have found the most beautiful bird ornaments: IKEA! They are little silver clip-on birds and they come in a pack of 4 for $5.99.

DJ said...

Cool ornaments! I love all things to do with birds.

Anonymous said...

I love birdies for the holidays!!! They never go out of style and always look so fresh! Thanks for the post!

michelle said...

Those are all adorable!

PaisleyJade said...

Love the little birdies! Just made some last night myself... but not as nice as these!

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Oh I love me some bird ornaments. I'm cutting the fabric right now to make some :)

Tara Bennett said...

Those are some purty birdies!

Mrs. L said...

Such cute birdies

Abbie said...

I'm making the ones at the top for ornaments out of the fabric from my kids Christmas stockings! And I have all kinds of other ideas - matching my kitchen curtains and hang in the windows, use scraps from my wedding dress to make a pair of "love birds" for our bedroom, make matching ones to sit in each room of the house or for each of the seasons - man I could make hundreds of them!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs