Saturday, December 20, 2008

easy wreaths for last minute decor

I know, Christmas is almost here, so most of us are enjoying our family and holiday traditions, not crafting. But if you're looking for one more little thing to complete your Christmas decor, here are a couple of really fast wreaths you can make in about half an hour!

The Long Thread posted this simple ribbon wreath tutorial using gray ribbon for a cool Halloween decoration. We just changed it to red ribbon for a stunning holiday wreath. And it only took about 30 minutes to make!



We saw this idea in a Better Homes and Gardens publications and couldn't believe how cheap and easy it was to make! Use it to display Christmas cards (all the cards I've received so far have been the extra-large variety, so they didn't fit very well on my wreath--but you get the idea), or just hang it plain.


Christmas Card Display Wreath

What you'll need:

*Wreath form
*About 5 yards upholstery webbing (I found this at JoAnn and Walmart for about $.70 a yard)
*Straight pins
*Small clips

1. Pin the webbing onto the wreath form. Wrap it around until it covers the entire wreath.


2. When you get back to the beginning, pin the end of the webbing to secure it.


3. Cut the webbing and use the extra to tie a large bow, also pinning it into place. Then use the remainder to hold the wreath so it can be hung.


4. If you have a variety of smaller cards, clip them to the wreath with small clips from the office supply store. Voila!



This one is my all-time favorite. Eddie Ross has a simple tutorial for this amazing wreath made from Christmas tree ornaments! We're going to hit the after-Christmas sales to get great deals on ornaments for this beauty to hang next year.

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
9 Comments

9 Responses to “easy wreaths for last minute decor”

the undomesticated wife said...

Very nice wreaths! I saw that one on Eddie Ross the other day...how simple is that?! And beautiful!

Heidi Boos said...

I'll have to have my eyes peeled out for some Christmas balls. I would love to do this wreath for next year!

Barbara said...

Congratulations on your Divine Caroline award. I love your blog, not much of a crafter myself, but I do enjoy seeing the things. Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

I love that you've been doing some last minute crafts. Since most of my shopping and baking are done, I now have time to be crafty and just enjoy the Christmas sights and celebrations. I made the simple scarves and word blocks this week - thank you and Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for your sweet post!
Merry christmas!
Eddie
www.eddieross.com

Julie said...

as for other last minute gifts - I made a no-knit scarf in less than 25 minutes.

http://funmajors.blogspot.com/2008/12/no-knit-scarf-in-25-minutes.html

Liz said...

Thanks - Those are so cute.

Unknown said...

just letting you know you're fabulous
check it out
http://lookwhatmomfound.blogspot.com/2008/12/im-fabulous.html

Alexis AKA MOM said...

I love these, what a great idea for hanging Christmas Cards. Know if I can get out of snow to pick up supplies!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs