Decoupage Bunny Tutorial
*Ceramic figurine (I used a rabbit, but this would also be darling on a spring chick!)
*Mod Podge or other decoupage medium (I used the matte finish)
*Paper (I used book pages, but any lightweight patterned paper would work)
1. Tear your paper or book pages into 1" wide strips. The length can vary. Brush a thick layer of Mod Podge on a small section of your figurine.
2. Press a strip of paper over the area and smooth over any curves. Don't be afraid to bend or tear the paper during this process. Overlap strips as you go.
3. Paint another layer of Mod Podge over the top. The wetter the paper gets with glue, the better it will adhere.
4. Smooth out wrinkles with your fingers, again making the paper conform to the curves of the figurine. (Yes, it's messy, but this method worked best for me!)
5. Continue until finished! I ripped smaller pieces to cover up any holes.
6. Tie a ribbon around the figurine's neck and tie in a bow. I LOVE this ribbon--I think it's made by American Crafts. I've had it in my stash for a while.
I added my little Easter bunny to my spring mantel. Isn't he sweet?
This Easter mantel is still in progress. . .one more project coming soon!
share this on »