Friday, November 11, 2011

vintage sheet music christmas ornament {tutorial}


A few weeks ago I started making my Christmas tree ornaments, and I realized I have kind of a theme going. Sheet music! I love the vintage look, and even though my regular decorations are vintage-y in silver and red, I'm excited to try something new this year while my Christmas decor is in storage. I love the look of yellowed paper and glass glitter. Here's the first of my ornaments (more coming soon!).
 
The full tutorial is being featured over at I {Heart} Naptime today as a part of Jamielyn's Crazy Christmas Crafters (I consider myself in that category!). Check it out! There are so many great ideas from some of the best craft bloggers out there to get your Christmas wheels spinning!


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
11 Comments

11 Responses to “vintage sheet music christmas ornament {tutorial}”

Tanya said...

That turned out so pretty and elegant. Great job.
I have not started making any decorations yet, but I have been thinking a lot about them. Does that count?

tina said...

I've been wanting to make something for the tree this year. Thanks for the inspiration!

Becky R said...

So cute! We already have so many decorations, but I have no where to put them all.

LifeLessOrdinary said...

That's so cute...and a great idea!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

That did turn out good. I love sheet music too. Saw some on Linda Albrecht's site. Last year she used it to make little hats for snowmen that she made. She's a scrapbook artist. Amazing ideas. Love your sweet ornament!
Blessings,
Debbie

Colleen said...

Very pretty ornament and will look great on any tree.
Suggestion.and speaking of experience when using bulbs like this; glass or plastic, I take the top off my ornament,add a little glue and stick the topper back on to make it secure and less chance of it coming off. I glue the toppers on all my ornaments whether old or new.
ColeenB.

Anonymous said...

Love this - so pretty and unique :)

Mairin said...

I like the font you used. Where do you find new fonts? There are so many online and I worry some will have viruses.

Melinda C said...

Love this ornament, it's adorable! I'd love to start making my own ornaments..just need to find the time to do it!

Following you via GFC from the Let's Get Social blog hop, please follow back!
http://mydogsandbaby.blogspot.com

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon Designs said...

LOVE this! Featured it on our blog today!:)

www.uncommondesignsonline.com

NaDell said...

I love these! I'm going to make them and cover some old ornaments my work gave me years ago when they stopped decorating for Christmas. They are all different colors, but I don't think that will matter much....Great idea!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs