Tuesday, May 17, 2011

silhouette heat transfer material goes the distance

Last week was a little crazy as I was busy making t-shirts for 38 girls and leaders in our church youth group. Whew! We decided to put on our own 5K race to teach the girls about setting a goal and following through with it. We learned about running and stretching, we trained together on Saturdays, and set our own personal goals for the race. It was an amazing experience! Luckily, I had my Silhouette on hand so the t-shirt experience was pretty amazing as well! Aren't they a cute bunch?

We chose the theme "I can go the distance" and a silhouette of one of our temples to symbolize not only our goals for the 5K, but our goals in life. I used the CK Racer font and I found the temple in the Silhouette store. I deleted all the details on the shape (windows, doors, etc.) so it would be quick and easy to cut. 

I cut the image out of the smooth heat transfer material in white and ironed them on the back of the shirts (I had some help with that part--thanks, Lisa!). I think they turned out super cute!
 

I did a smaller version for the front of the shirt.

After my kids saw me using the heat transfer material, they wanted their own t-shirts, so I let them each pick their designs and we went to town! The nice thing is how quickly these come together. A t-shirt is a 10 to 15-minute project, easy. 

Stay tuned for more heat transfer material ideas this week as we celebrate Silhouette's heat transfer sale! Right now Silhouette is offering the Silhouette machine with a three rolls of heat transfer material for only $219. That's $125 savings. And if you already own a Silhouette, all heat transfer material is 25% off through May 25th, 2011. Use code LITTLEBIRDIE to get the deals. Yippee!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
10 Comments

10 Responses to “silhouette heat transfer material goes the distance”

Unknown said...

What a fun idea for YW! Great activity!

the gathering girls said...

The shirts came out great!!

Becca said...

What a great idea with the dual sybolism. I bet your YW loved them!

Anonymous said...

I have a question- I'm wanting to do the same temple shape for a church project and wondered how you deleted the windows, doors, etc. I'm new at the Silhouette and haven't figured all the little things out yet.
Thanks!

Babbel Family said...

What a great idea!!!

Little Birdie Secrets said...

Kirsten--for the temple shape, I first selected the shape, then right-clicked and selected "ungroup." This will make each line in the shape separate. Then click on each line of the shape and hit delete on your keyboard until they're all gone. It took a while to do on this shape--there are tons of lines! But once you're done you can save the document and have the shape ready to use any time. Hope that helps!

~mandy

April said...

I really love that!

April said...

I love your shirts! We are doing a temple walk with our YW this year and I would love to do something similar- can you give me an idea how much each t shirt cost so I can put it in my budget? aprilmoody1@gmail.com

NaTasha said...

Yes, it would be fantastic if you could let us know where you got your t-shirts, if they were a great deal, and about how much each one ended up being altogether. Wanting to also do this so that would be so helpful. Thanks!!
NaTasha Sliwoski
nsliwoski31@gmail.com

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs