We're sharing this quick and simple Mother's Day vase over at Make and Takes today. Wouldn't this be perfect for a Mother's Day brunch? I was even thinking a version of it would be cute centerpieces for a wedding reception, or a sweet Teacher's Appreciation week gift. I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can pick more wild flowers!
Mother's Day Mason Jar Vase Tutorial
- Small glass canning jar
- 18″ of at least 24 gauge (or thicker) wire
- 18″ piece of ribbon
- clear glass marbles (optional)
- Stamped tag and hanging hardware (optional)
1. Fill your jar 1/3 full of glass marbles.
2. Cut a piece of crafting wire about 18″ long. Wrap it around the neck of the jar just below where you screw the ring on top. Twist the end around the longer piece to secure.
4. Hand stamp a tag: “just for you”, “thank you”, “Happy Mother’s day” etc. I used the "Just Believe" stamp set, the Old Olive Classic stamp pad, and the antique brass Hodgepodge Hardware set, all from Stampin' Up! I hung it on the wire with a hardware piece and another small piece of wire.
5. Tie a ribbon in a bow around the neck of the jar. This ribbon is the Daffodil Delight 1 1/4" striped grosgrain from Stampin' Up!
6. Fill with your favorite wild flowers!
share this on »