Monday, July 13, 2009

super simple summer skirt


It's getting hot up here in the Pacific Northwest! I wanted a new summer skirt and was looking for a way to use up some of this gorgeous fabric I found at Ikea. It’s called Cecelia and it was only a little over $4 a yard. I just couldn’t pass it up. Inspired by this tutorial over at Altered Cloth, I whipped up my own version of their Gathered Skirt with Knit Waistband. This skirt is super easy to make--I did it during my little one’s afternoon nap. That’s how fast it came together. Love it—instant gratification and I can wear the skirt tonight if I want. I lined the skirt with just plain white cotton fabric too. I actually went back and shortened my waistband a little, but it will just depend on your personal preference. It's really comfortable and would even work as a maternity skirt, I bet. We definitely recommend this tutorial!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
15 Comments

15 Responses to “super simple summer skirt”

jamie said...

Thank you! I've been looking everywhere for a simple skirt tutorial. This is exactly what I had in mind!

Becky said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm 22wks pregnant, and was looking through my maternity clothes longing for some cute skirts. This tutorial looks like it will be perfect!

LADY BEVERLY said...

Lovely little skirt - I agree the tutorial looks wonderful. It is nice to whip up something and wear it immediately isn't it.

Love looking at your blog - beautiful ideas.

Happy sewing!

Bev

Anina said...

Love it!
And I'm totally in love with that fabric. A visit to IKEA may be in the cards.

Maranda @ {Evoked} said...

Thank you so much for this post! I love the simplicity of it, I have some fabric I think would be perfect for this pattern. Have a great week!

bedelia said...

I am pregnant and this does work perfect for a maternity skirt. I made one a few weeks back.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Ikea has fabric?? Man where have I been? Super cute skirt and love the fabric! Jenn

Jessica F said...

This is definitely adorable :)I would love to make something like this! Thanks!

Valerie said...

What a great design! Thanks so much for sharing! I linked back to you! :)

Unknown said...

Cute skirt! And I love IKEA!

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

Hi I just found your blog and I LOVE it! It is packed full of great advice and information. I added you to my favorites and I also copied your button to display on my blog as well.
Have a great day!
Mechelle

Julie said...

Love it!! I might need to make one of those! I sure do wish we had an IKEA here already (they are buildling one to open 2013), they seem to be carrying fabulous fabrics lately.
Cheers,
Julie

Unknown said...

I absolutely adore your website, and my husband and I just moved about an hour north of Seattle (from NC!) with a job change. I had forgotten you lived up here!!! I am going to Ikea on Saturday and will make this skirt Saturday PM. You are so inspiring!!! :)

Ruth said...

I love this skirt. Thanks for sharing the tutorial. I can't wait to try it.

Ruth

turquoiseamber said...

This is the cutest skirt, I got compliments today wearing it. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs