Sunday, March 1, 2009

american heroes quilts show in redmond


Join us at the American Heroes Quilts Show this Saturday in Redmond, WA! Washingtonian Sue Nebeker is an amazing woman who has a dream to donate patriotic quilts to every injured troop who returns through Madigan Army Hospital and other military hospitals to thank them for their service, and help them through their recovery. She enlists the help of local quilters to make quilt tops, and quilts many of them herself on her long-arm machine. Fellow blogger Nan of Pots and Pins is helping put on this great quilt show to raise money for this worthy cause. So if you're in the neighborhood (and Nan calls the "neighborhood" is anywhere within a 500-mile radius!), stop by and see tons of beautiful quilts, purchase raffle tickets, participate in the bake sale or sewing grab-bag sale--what a fun girls' day out!

These are just a few of the quilts that will be raffled off on Saturday! Find out how you can purchase tickets through Nan here.




Here are the details of the American Heroes Quilts show:

Saturday, March 7th - $5 donation at the door

Happy Valley Grange -
19720 NE 50th St
Redmond, WA 98053

Doors open at 10:00

Presentations by Sue Nebeker of American Hero Quilts at 11:00 and 2:00

Tons of quilts to see!

8 raffle quilts!

Cookbook/sewing/craft book sale!

Sewing Room Grab-bag sale!

Bake sale!

Plus, Pacific Fabrics will be our vendor!!

For more information on Sue Nebeker and American Hero Quilts, please visit her Web site--she is simply amazing! Hope to see some of you there!

share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
6 Comments

6 Responses to “american heroes quilts show in redmond”

Anonymous said...

Wow! Couldn't have said it better myself! Thanks so much for helping to spread the word...I think it's going to be a very fun show and really, we just need two things to make it successful...people to show up and the weather to cooperate! Thanks again, this was very, very kind of you! xo, Nan

the undomesticated wife said...

Those quilts are beautiful!!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

I love your blog and just wanted to let you know that! You are like a favorite magazine that I want to curl up on my comfy chair and just read except I have to read you on my laptop.
You have a great format with a nice variety of recipes and crafts that are interesting and fun, and I hope you keep up the wonderful work. If you are ever looking for a basket weaving tutorial, I have one on my blog you may link to.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

Skamamama said...

I've awarded you with a lemonade award for your blog! I just happened upon your blog a couple of weeks ago and I love your tips and ideas! Check out my blog for details on how you can participate!

Anonymous said...

Can you stand one more comment from me? I can't get the pie in the jars out of my head...so I'm off to buy jars...so thanks, I think! Also, I just discovered the Amish Bread recipe and the starter recipe - thanks so much, I've been wanting to make this for a while now! See you at the show?!? xo, Nan

YayaOrchid said...

Beautiful quilts!
I stumbled upon your blog, and I do want to thank you for sharing that wonderful Amish bread recipe. I did send you an email, I hope you got it. I was asking for your permission to post the recipe on my blog.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs