Thursday, October 2, 2008

cereal muffin recipe



This is a great, very simple recipe for muffins. I love it because I always have all the ingredients on hand and can whip them up in a moment's notice. They are a great addition to almost any dinner, as well as a simple breakfast. This recipe is also a great way to use up any "almost gone" cereal. You can use any cereal you have on hand, but my personal favorites have been Blueberry Morning, Raisin Bran, or Honey Bunches of Oats. They are delicious served with honey and butter...or honey butter!

Cereal Muffins

2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
1/4 c. oil
1 egg
1 c. ready-to-eat cereal

Mix all ingredients together, adding the cereal last. Pour batter into a 12 cup, greased muffin pan (or use muffin liners). Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.


share this on »
{Facebook} {Twitter} {Pinterest}
6 Comments

6 Responses to “cereal muffin recipe”

Miranda said...

I love simple muffin recipes. I'm going to have to give these a try. I ususally toss the leftover cereal when there's not enough for a bowl...so this is perfect!

Alena Jo said...

I just made some muffins this morning and I wish I had had this recipe instead. I'll have to try them tomorrow! I love muffins. Thanks for an easy recipe and a great solution to the "almost empty" cereal box.

Anonymous said...

What a yummy little recipe to have on hand! I just love recipes that use what I already have... and that picture couldn't be any more beautiful! I'm sold!

ms.clark said...

Brilliant! What a good recipe. Thanks for sharing this one. Looks so yummy too!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

I made these muffins this morning. Very tasty and EASY!!! My family enjoyed them. I'll make it again.

Shauna said...

I have to try this! I was just grumbling last night about the little bits of cereal left in each cereal box - not enough to have a bowl, but hate to throw it out - awesome! Thank YOU!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs