Thursday, January 8, 2009
easy valentine's wreath
Just a little more than a month until Valentine's Day, so here's our first Valentine for you. This easy heart wreath is a fun project you can do with your kids (and a good way to use up your fabric scraps!).
Scrappy Heart Wreath Tutorial
What you'll need:
*Scraps of fabric cut into 2 inch squares (these can be all the same fabric or a combination of different fabrics)
*Elmers glue or Tacky Glue
*Ribbon (enough to hang your wreath where you want it)
Okay, let's get started!
1. Fill a shallow paper bowl with glue.
2. Place fabric square on pencil tip with right-side facing the pencil. Be sure the pencil tip is in the center.
3. Dip the fabric covered pencil tip into the glue. You don’t need too much. Just a little on the end.
4. Press the pencil tip into the Styrofoam.
5. Remove the pencil--your fabric should stay in place.
6. Repeat steps 2 through 5 until your heart is completely covered.
It should look nice and full like this.
7. Add a ribbon and hang up. We tied a small loop around the finished wreath with string, then threaded the ribbon through that.
Isn't it sweet?