And now for this week's reader submission:
Art In the Park (with Jell-o)
My friend Natalie hosted an amazing "Art in the Park" activity for all our friends and kids. She brought all the supplies to make a great smelling piece of art using Jell-O and glue.
- Fruit Bowl (click to download)
- Jell-O in these flavors: Strawberry, Pineapple, Grape, Raspberry, Lime, Lemon, Orange, Cherry & Banana
- Elmers Glue (or generic brand)
- Paintbrush for each child
- Paper cups or other similar item to hold each flavor of Jell-O
- Paper cup or other similar item to hold the glue
- Print out your Fruit Bowl (one for each child) and have them color the bowl any color they want.
- Color the stems & leaves of the fruit green.
- Pour some glue in a paper cup
- Pour each flavor of Jell-O in it's own paper cup (NOT with the glue and don't mix the flavors). Label your cups! Many of the Jell-O's are the same color, but not the same scent.
- Take your paintbrush and dip it in the glue cup.
- Paint ONE fruit at a time (for the orange you can paint both). After the entire fruit is covered with glue, pour the matching scent of Jell-O onto your fruit. Pour any excess back into the cup.
- Repeat with each fruit until it's covered.
- Smell and enjoy!